When an employee is set to ‘scheduled and must check in/out’, you have the option to set them also to ‘can check in/out on days without a schedule’. When you do this, you must enter their default break and meal breaks. The reason for this is that the system has no way of knowing, since they are not scheduled, how long they will be working. Because of this, we don’t know how much time to allocate based on the setup. So you must specify what they are allowed.
Archive for March, 2012
Employees normally have a 60 minute lunch, but one employee had 30 minutes in their timecard, why is this?Saturday, March 31st, 2012
Setting up Quickbooks
- Go to MANAGE MY BUSINESS -> GENERAL -> GENERAL SETTINGS
- Under Payroll, select Quickbooks as the payroll option.
- A popup will appear, requesting you to import payroll items. Any items you have already entered will be displayed here.
- Select a file to import.
- Click on Upload file, that will load the items list to save them. (Any duplicates will be detected)
- All items will be listed, where you can select which you want to bring into the TimeWellScheduled system.
- Next, you will be shown an employee list, where you can select which Payroll Type coincides with each employee.
- Click Save to save any changes.
- Click on the link below where you previously selected Quickbooks in the Payroll settings to create a CSV file.
Exporting to Quickbooks
- Go to REPORTS -> PAYROLL -> QUICKBOOKS EXPORT DATA.
- Select the time frame you wish to export, as well as departments/employees you want in the report.
- Click “Create Report”.
- Click the file link to download it.